Can it be? My baby is three?!


In my three year old’s world:


A ladybug is a “leggybug”.


A screwdriver is a “screwdriver-er-er-er-er-er”.


He has mastered the sound of a video game gun. “Pew, pew, pew!” Better watch out or he will “pew you”. When the sun shines in his eyes he asks me to “Pew the sun, mom!”


Sadie is his “stister”.


On Wednesday evenings we go to soccer “prastice”.


I say, “You’re my boy”. He says, “You’re my girl.”


When anything leafy, green, or highly nutritious appears on his plate he says, “Mom, I can’t like those.”


He gives the best hugs, kisses, and snuggles. He forgives within seconds.


His new favorite phrase is “not yet”.
“Let’s go to bed Deklan.” “Not yet.”
“Should we go get Sadie?” “Not yet.”
“Do you need to go potty?” “Not yet.”

He loves balls, cars, and fishing.

The sound of the garage door opening brings forth a loud, “DADDY!!!!!”
I now use the back door and walk around to take out the trash in the middle of the day.
Yesterday is "yesday". The other day is "yudda day".
"Deklan, let's take your medicine".
"I all-yeddy did yesday".
"Let's pick up your room."
"I did it yudda day".

I told him last night that Jesus loves him. He said, “And daddy loves me and zana loves me and grandma loves me and grandpa loves me and Sadie loves me and Zoe loves me and you love me and papa loves me and Stacey loves me and Karston loves me and EVERYBODY loves me!”

I like his three year old world.

6 comments:

Meliss said...

Deklan, we love you! You have always been an adorable little monkey. You make the world a happier place!

Babbel Family said...

That cake is pretty impressive...did you make it? Laura's b-day is next week but she wants a Hannah Montana cake!

Danika said...

My boys do the "pew pew" sounds too! That cake is awesome...I would love the instructions if you made it.

Carol said...

Way to go Betty Crocker!!! Love the cake and Congratulations Birthday Boy!!!
Love, Aunt Carol

Darcy Case said...

Did you make that cake? That is great!!! Happy birthday Deklan!

Becca said...

So cute Stephanie. He sounds like the greatest little boy. I love the dragon cake. What are you, an overachiever? It's amazing!