Time to Announce.....

that we're pregnant. And that would explain why I haven't been blogging. I've been puking instead. Forgive me. I'd rather be blogging. I'm 15 weeks along. Don't hurt yourself...I'll do the math. That's 3/8 of the way through my pregnancy. Oh, sorry, you probably don't care about that calculation. My due date is February 16th. I'm known to deliver early though, so I'm planning on the beginning of February. In case you are wondering, I detest, yes even hate (a word I don't use casually) being pregnant. I know it's a strong word, but pregnancy and my body don't get along. With Sadie I had horrific hives. With Deklan I had shingles. And with both I was nauseous for over half of the pregancy. Poor Erik. He's had to hear every day how I'm never, ever, ever, ever, never, never, ever, ever doing this again. Never. I know I sound like a brat. I know there are people out there who would give anything to be pregnant. People keep saying it's worth it in the end. Believe me....this I know or else I wouldn't be pregnant.

And now for the sweeter side of Stephanie. I love labor and delivery. It's true. I look forward to it. I'm even a little sad when the whole labor and delivery thing is over. In fact, I'd rather go through labor/delivery a dozen times if I could forgo the nine months of misery. That tells you two things. Either 1) I have really easy labors (TRUE) OR 2) I have really miserable pregnancies (TRUE).

Sadie wants a girl so bad. She is preparing herself for disappointment. She said to me, "Mom, if you want a boy then just say you want a girl. If you want a girl, then say you want a boy. I really really really bad want a boy". Deklan wants another "stister" probably because that's all he knows. I want a girl on most days. But having a boy would give Deklan a playmate...something I take into strong consideration on a DAILY basis! Especially now that Sadie is in school. And my cute little sister is 7 weeks ahead of me, pregnant with a little boy. How fun would that be to have little rugrats together? And Erik just is happy that I am willing to go through nine months of hell to have another baby.

Gotta run. Erik is coming through the door with my jalapeno poppers and diet coke. Yummy!!!! (believe me, that's the pregnancy talking!)

11 comments:

Danika said...

Congratulations!!!! Sorry to hear you're so sick. I hate being pregnant too. I hope you start feeling better soon. Wish you lived a little bit closer so I could help with Deklan...

P.S. - Be sure to check out my recent personal history blogs about my college years. Those are good for some laughs!

Big D said...

Way to go Erik, slipping one past the goalie, good job. Steph, sorry to hear that you are not feeling so good; I hope that you recover quickly. I am excited to see you guys soon.

Babbel Family said...

Stephanie- I totally feel your pain. If it weren't for the end result I would never do it either. Me and pregnancy don't agree...although I do seem to be pregnant ALOT. I really liked labor and delivery until this last one. It was a doozy. Now the thought of giving birth makes me sit in the fetal position sucking my thumb. Can't wait to see you!!! We are going to have so much fun it should be illegal!

Darcy Case said...

So glad that you have announced! I am so happy for you.

Carol said...

Thanks for finally posting the "news". I heard it through the family grapevine but was not sure if it was appropriate to congratulate you on something you have not announced yet. Anyway.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! David is home! Kids are back in school! We almost had a house fire on sunday! Mandy might have asthma! I am flying to North Carolina for 5 days with David! We have 5 days of soccer each week with 3 kids playing! Life at the Pyle house....always fun!
Keep in touch!! Hang in there!!
Love, Aunt Carol

Becca said...

Oh Steph and Erik, congrats and sorry about the constant stream of puke. What a bust! I wish I could help you out and watch the kids, or somehow make it all go away. And just for the record, I hate being prego too!

Celeste said...

Congrats Stephanie!!!! I am excited to find out what your having. Sorry to hear that your just as sick as the others. It will be over before you know it!! Take care!

The Donigans said...

Talking to you about all this pregnancy fun was birth control that I did NOT need! Maybe by the time I get pregnant, you will have been sick enough for the both of us. I can dream........

Lacey said...

Hi stephanie, I came across your blog from Charla's. You are so hilarious! I could not agree more about the total nightmare that is pregnancy. Don't you just want to smack those women who think it is some magical experience? Yeah,after throwing up 16 times in one day I'm really thinking "what a glorious, blissful experience!!"

The Ducketts said...

YUM...its 2:26 am I am sitting at work and those poppers sound really good. Where do you get em? Well you already know how excited I am for you and me to get fat together. Good times...only wish we lived closer. Keep up the good work! Love you!

{autie} said...

Congrats, girl!!! I'm so excited for. Sorry you've been sick...I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat!. Nasty!
Hope it gets better soon!