Carving Comments







When it comes to carving pumpkins we are like a well oiled machine. The setting has been the same for the past five years (FIVE years?!?!). Only the little bodies behind the counter have gotten bigger and a little more independent. In addition to my other annual duties at our pumpkin carving night, I bounced the baby and jotted down the comments that filled the air:


"Dad, I want you to get my guts!


Bluuuuuck!


This is my favorite part of Halloween, carving pumpkins!


Spooky! O.K., now I'm going to wash my hands again.


Mom, why aren't you helping out?


I'm not going to touch the guts anymore.


GUTS!!!!!


Start thinking about what you want the face to look like.


I want to cut it out.


HEY! You got it on my arms Sadie!


Here, try a piece!


Where's the knife? I need it.


I think daddy should do the cutting.


Why? I've cutted before.


Yes!!!! I cutted it!


Look Mom! Mine has a tooth!


I'm cutting the hair cuz daddy doesn't know how."


Happy Halloween from our house to yours!

1 comment:

Doug and Myrna Kay said...

Wow....what great memories those pictures bring to mind. Nothing changes except what you said..... everyone just grows up including the Mom and Dad