First Visitors of the Year!


My dad and his wife, Myrna, came to visit us last weekend. First of all, let me just say that I'm never sure how to refer to Myrna. "Stepmom" is out of the question....sounds too much like "Cinderella and her wicked stepmom"-ish...."my dad's wife" sounds a little too distant--(refer to the first line of this post), "she's my friend" makes it sound like I don't know what to call her....so, I've decided on my "second mom". Phewie...stress! Regardless, let it be known that I adore her to pieces. She is so optimistic, friendly, kind, genuine, patient, happy,.....I could go on and on.
We went to the park, "Desert Breeze Railroad Park" to be exact and fed the ducks, rode the train, and swang--("swang" is one of those words that bug me, I wish swinged was proper English, although that doesn't sound much better). Sorry, I digress. I think that was another one of those moments where I was like, "Geez, Myrna is amazing!". She pushed Deklan for what seemed like hours on the swing. My kids call her "Grandma Myrna" and Myrna's grandkids call my dad "Grandpa Doug" or "Grandpa Dunk"--(2 year olds are so cute!). After the park we went to "In-N-Out" for lunch. YUMMY! Myrna flew home Monday afternoon and Deklan kept saying...."I want to go wiff Granma Myrna on the earrrrrrplane". Made us all melt!
Sadie had the day off from school which made it all the better. I love those moments in life when you're like, "Ahh, I get it. I know what really matters!" And I usually have those moments when I'm surrounded by my kids and I see how delighted they get doing the most ordinary, inexpensive, spontaneous things. It's simple. Bread + ducks + outdoors + grandpa and grandma = sheer joy! Kids really do have it all figured out.

1 comment:

Doug and Myrna Kay said...

This is from your Dad to let you know how much fun we had and how inspiring your home page and blog are. It makes me want to have one and to stay close to all of you. We indeed have a great Family and have lots to be thankful for. I'm so proud of all of my Children and know how Heavenly Father must feel as He watches his children struggle and succeed and learn to become more like Him. Love Dad and Grandma Myrna