Blase'


What is wrong with me? I'm feeling blase'. Usually come January 1, my Franklin planner has made it's grand entry into the new year...addresses are up-to-date, calendar is planned, goals are written, projects are listed in order of importance, the budget is carefully projected. Not this year. Today I woke up at 5 a.m. and decided it was much too early, shut the dumb alarm off, and cuddled with my two kids who had made their way into my bed. We slept until 8:15!!! And then I decided, I didn't really need to work today anyway. We played cats. Sadie was my pink fuzzy cat and Deklan was my skinny striped cat. (Something IS WRONG with me..I hate cats!!!) Then we lazily got dressed, ate breakfast and played with our Christmas toys again. Deklan is down for a nap. Sadie is washing dishes because, "I want to do something nice for you mom!". And I'm blogging. We will go to swim lessons today at 5:30 p.m. and meet Erik there. Then we will return home to crockpot stew and cornbread. And that will be it for January 2, 2008. A wasted day? My cats will tell you different!

2 comments:

Laura B. said...

That sounds like the perfect day! Overscheduled and busy days are SO overrated!

Heidi P said...

Hey Stephanie, it is your cousin Heidi (Holbrook) Poulton! I love your blog and seeing what you are up to! We also have a blog but it is private. Will you please send me your email so I can keep in touch with you! I will also send you an invite to our blog! It is so good to see your cute family! My email is hhpoulton@gmail.com