Dreams do come true!

I'm usually not the sappy type and I know this may generate some gagging (so take this as your fair warning). 2007 ended (obviously), leaving me ever so grateful for my amazing hubby. We had given Santa the word that the only gifts Erik and I would get this year would be contained in our stockings. Yea, right! Apparently Erik wasn't in on that conference call with Santa. But how can I be mad when he went behind Santa's back and bought me Uggs!

I wasn't too worried though about feeling like he got the shaft. I had a wonderful surprise in store for his 32nd birthday celebration. I suggested we meet after work for dinner. He picked a steak house (a nice change from my usual Macaronni Grill requests) and it was there that I gave him his birthday card. In it was the confirmation letter for our one night stay at the Arizona Grand Resort. He was surprised (a moment for the record books as I have a hard time surprising him)...and we had an incredible time. It was a birthday to be rememebered. It's strange...I used to dream back in my high school/college days about romantic getaways with my husband...and it hit me as I left work early to check in to the resort....I'm living my dreams!!!!!

No comments: