Summer lovin'


You just have to know that blogging is not a priority in my life.....


Having said that, I think I am now recovered from our annual summer trip to UT/CO. We have spent the past week reminiscing and wishing we could return to cooler weather, greener surroundings and mostly to our families. Isn't that backdrop gorgeous?!!!!


So Erik's favorite part of the entire trip was our float down the Green River at Flaming Gorge. We had two rafts carrying 15 passengers. Not bad when only 5 of them were kids and then 10 adults. Which made me question the sanity of my parents and my aunt and uncle (20 years ago was it???) when they took 11 kids and the 4 of them down the Colorado River, which had many more rapids than the Green River. What were they thinking?!? O.K., they weren't, but none of us are in therapy over it and look, I took my kids, so they must have had it all under control, right? Anyway, it was a two hour float and we had fun getting in waterfights, laughing, manuevering the rapids, and for Erik.....fishing.

Notice Erik...fishing. He caught a Brown Trout (not the kind you're thinking Mr. Case) a German Brown Trout and was very excited. I think this experience convinced Erik once and for all that lake fishing is just not that exciting and river fishing is where it's at!
And there are my cuties and Jorgen with their Papa. When can we do this again?
For Sadie, the best part was riding her cousins' kid-sized quads. They let her drive all by herself and of course she was a very poised and careful driver, until you saw her pull into the driveway and give herself whiplash. It was a sight to see!


When I asked Deklan what his favorite part was, he of course copied what Sadie had said. But as a boy after his daddy's heart, he did enjoy the fishing. Concentrate buddy.......you never know when one of those fish might take a nibble. Oh wait, you don't have a hook on your line. (I don't think next year I'll get away with that safety mechanism.)

And my favorite part? Hands down, it was spending time with my sisters. I absolutely adore them and definitely need the constant laughter I experience whenever I am with them. Thanks girls for admiring my skinny arms and for playing detectives.....I miss you!
And no, I won't wait another six weeks to post.........


5 comments:

johanna said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Its good to see an updated post!

Big D said...

How did you know that my favorite kind of fish is brown trout? You can't go wrong with brown trout. I love to say brown trout. I think that brown trout are awesome. I am smiling right now as I type about brown trout. We had a great time seeing you guys, thanks for making our house a stop on your trip.

Darcy Case said...

So glad that you are blogging again. We are lucky to have seen you guys, I'm still pulling for the Mormon Compound!! Someday.

The Ducketts said...

Oh Steph...your favorite part almost made me cry. I sometimes wish all of us sisters could buy houses in the same neighborhood. Maybe someday. We could start a business...BOOTS UP?! and be rich. Anywho...love your post and can't wait to see you again. Love you tons and tons!

Carol said...

Hey,
I LOVED LOVED LOVED that you finally updated. Seems to be the only way I have been keeping up with family these days among juggling my own life and all its ups and downs. 25 more days until my missionary son returns! Can't believe it. I just got home from Girls Camp with my 3 girls. It was amazing and so much fun but I am exhausted. I was going to head to Colorado and do the Relay for Life with my classmates from MOCOHI but.....plans changed (I am a Livingston ya know). I will be doing the walk here instead.
Keep blogging!!!
Love, Aunt Carol