Sweet Sadie



Anyone who knows Sadie, knows that I am truly not that biased when I talk about how amazing she is. She turned 6 last week and so I've spent a lot of time thinking about how quickly the past six years have gone and how my life would be so empty and meaningless without her. Today marked her last swim meet of the summer. It turned out to be a HUGE commitment but so like Sadie, she never complained about getting up at 5:30 a.m. to get there on time. At the end of the hour long practices I could tell she was completely wiped out, but she would do the conditioning drills with the biggest grin on her face. She was definitely the smallest on the team and I think I worried more about her age/size/ability than she ever did. In fact, at one of the meets she was thrilled to finally win the pink ribbon (8th place) because she didn't have that color yet. Ahhh, someday I'll long for those days when she grinned about 8th place. She has come so far this summer in her swimming abilities and is so much fun to watch. I could go on about the other things that she does....like make all of our beds in the morning, picks up after Deklan without me asking, is so kind to everyone, tries everything on her plate and always compliments me on the meal even though I know she detested it.....alright, I'll stop and just post the pictures of our little fish. Man I love her!!!!!


4 comments:

Meliss said...

Oh my goodness, she is getting so TALL! No, you are not biased, she is an angel on earth.

Darcy Case said...

She is such a sweetie!

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVED reading this post! Your kids really are amazing and you are such a great mom! I can't believe you guys were at swim practice by 5:30 ... AM!! That's dedication on both your parts, wow! What great memories! :)

Doug and Myrna Kay said...

With the name Sadie how can she miss (and a great Mom and Dad) Blogs are great but it makes Papa sad I am missing you all...............