The House on Hillman Drive

I'm playing along with this "tag".....afterall, I don't want to be dubbed the party pooper. And by the way, I'm going to tag all of the "silent lurkers" of my blog. Yea, that's right, I'm talking about you, and you and you.

My Closet:
O.K. so here's the weird thing....I swear I took a picture of this (when I took pictures for this post that is) and now that I'm getting around to posting I can't find it. I'm not about to go take more pictures because I'm determined to get in bed before 10 p.m. tonight. So sorry....but trust me......my closet is not much to see minus the fact that the laundry basket is seriously overloaded. Tuesday is laundry day.

The Kitchen Sink:













I do love that there is a window above my sink. There was always a window above the kitchen sink in my childhood homes. So what if they looked out into beautiful green lush lawns and a large garden? I can pretend that there isn't another brown stucco house 10 ft. away from my window.


The Fridge....I mean pantry:













The fridge isn't much too look at....it's pretty bare and needs cleaned...lots of crusty milk flakes floating around. Those bug me so much. I'm bending the rules here and taking a picture of my pantry. Neato.

The Laundry Room:
Again a lost photo. But my laundry room (uh, hmm...closet) is awesome. No joke. E built shelves all the way up and around that wasted vaulted ceiling and so I have storage galore. I heart my handy man.

Self-Portrait:













It's growing.......Please just tell me I look pregnant and not bloated.


My Favorite Room:









My kitchen/dining room. For now anyway. But I do adore my kid's bedrooms too. I guess I should have taken pictures of them. Oh, well. Big blue stripes on the wall in Deklan's room and chair rail bordering the red lower half of Sadie's walls. Quilts compliments of The Quilt Shop at Gardner Village in Utah. All in all our favorite places to cuddle up at the end of the day for story time.


The Toilet:












Now you tell me why a three year old would NOT want to do "brown stuff" and "yellow stuff" (Sadie came up with those terms during her potty training days) in this lovely toilet? On the verge of tears I begged Deklan to poop in the toilet and he said very adamantly...."I will mom ALL NIGHT LONG!!!" And then, "Are you happy to me?"


My Favorite Shoes:










Flip flop weather here in AZ 9 months out of the year. My kids detest socks. I can't wait until I can pull out my long black boots and Uggs. I look at them lovingly every day!

My Dream Vacay:

Begins in four days!!!! And Zana is coming to town to hold down the fort. My kids are acting like it's Christmas! And I'm acting like I'm leaving on my honeymoon!

What My Children Are Doing Right Now:
Sleeping soundly with bellies full of ice cream. And I'm going to go join them.

Oh yea, and my "other child" is doing this right now. Go Monsoons!

6 comments:

Charla and Jarom said...

You don't look bloated! You don't even look pregnant! I still want to see pics of the closet! Also, I just had a really good laugh about Officer Ralphie! So funny :)

johanna said...

Yeah Steph, I am so happy to see that you followed through on the tag! I can't wait to see you...2 days and counting.

The Donigans said...

Good heck girl. Stop with the whining about the belly. You don't look prego, or even slightly bloated. Ugg! So not fair. But I still LYSG!

Ashley said...

1. Hi!

2. You look neither pregnant NOR bloated.

3. Those are my favorite shoes too! Only mine are falling apart and I need another pair.

Carol said...

Please show a picture of something that is messy!!!! Please so I can feel comfortable among the rest of you cute nieces...Subbing a ton this year. Being a working mom really isn't up my alley. Not organized enough for it. It cuts into my "helicopter" parenting skills. hehehehe.
We are planning on seeing you in Happy Valley on Conference weekend. Call me....
Love, Aunt Carol

Becca said...

You are not prego...Also I love your dining room.