Mellow Yellow


You know what makes me happy right now? Besides smelling my yummy baby and laughing at Deklan, loving my hubby, and reading with Sadie....

Lemons.

Yep, lemons.

For a year now I've been wanting to try to make lemon curd. I was feeling sorry for myself one night (the usual reason that brings on my pity parties...my sisters and mom got together AGAIN without me) when there was a knock on the door. A friend brought me a sack of lemons. How appropriate for my sour attitude. Then I thought of this recipe and headed for the kitchen.


I wasn't too sure of it's taste at first and wasn't too sure what to spread it on. So I whipped up some almond poppy seed muffins. Erik and I couldn't get enough of those muffins with a generous spread of curd. Delish!

3 comments:

Danika said...

Wish I would have known! I was desperate to get rid of all the lemons off my tree a few weeks ago...

Glad you're back to blogging. We'll have to have you over sometime after spring break.

Babbel Family said...

Lemons are awesome. It just reminds me of clean. Love lemons. If I were there I would bring you all sorts of fun stuff! xoxo

The Donigans said...

YUM! Although,you are too ambitious my friend. I have a fantastic recipe for a layered ice cream dessert that calls for lemon curd. If I ever find it again, I'll send it your way!