Milestones

Sophie had a few milestones last week. In fact, a week ago today she smiled for the first time. It was memorable. I can't remember the first smiles of Sadie or Deklan....some "firsts" sort of seem gradual or uncertain. Not this one. She just finished eating. It was about 6 a.m. and I was snuggling her close, hoping we could both sleep a little bit longer. But she was bright eyed. I looked down at her and waalaaa...there it was: the biggest open mouth smile ever!


My friend describes taking pictures of your kids (especially babies) quite well. You take 64 and hope 1 or 2 will turn out. Well that's what I did the next day. It's sort of a half smile, but you can't blame her. We had just returned from the pediatrician where she had her two month check-up which included four shots. Sad! The pediatrician was a little worried because she had dropped on the growth charts. I'm not worried....if she follows the curves of my other two, her growth curve at her 4 month visit will reflect the last year of the stock market. It's that skim milk diet I'm telling you! At least she's on the charts!


Without further adieu, here is the token photo where I tried earnestly to capture her smile:


P.S. I'm learning how to use hypertext in my posts. Thanks Katie for being my first link. Baby steps to a better blog!

2 comments:

Sarah Mickalson said...

I always wondered how to do those! She is so adorable!

Darcy Case said...

I think this picture turned out great! It's funny that Katie mentioned that because that's what I do too'