Blessings


We've been busy. Very busy. And there is much I could say...like how my life has been transformed with a new car (although I'm going to drive the old car to and from Sadie's school this last quarter; with 144,000 miles, what's 3,000 more?), how Deklan continues to make us laugh (like today when he reported to Sadie that it was picture day at preschool so "he got handsome"), how Sadie started soccer and finished her 3rd quarter of school, or how Erik's job is in the final stages (and won't we be glad when his weekly commute to Yuma is duh, duh, duh, duh DONE!), or how I'm returning to my roots and breaking out the sewing machine (more to come on that exciting news), or how I'm trying to rennovate my blog (based on blog etiquette....more on that later too).


But of all the activities and such that keep us busy, one was most signficant and that was the blessing of our little Sophie Brooke. It was three fun filled days with family and friends....21 people Friday night (the 27th) , 36 people Saturday night and 23 people Sunday night....filled our house....every nook and cranny. We swam at the hotel, ate at In N Out, visited, filled ourselves with delicious food (even if I do say so myself), opened gifts, built a backyard fire, cheered at Sadie's first soccer game, had a "family meeting" for old times sake, and ooohhed and ahhhed over Sophie. It was a beautiful weekend! And all I can say is, "I feel blessed!"

11 comments:

Jennie Gee said...

She looks so beautiful in that blessing dress! You are blessed!

Steve and Sarah said...

She is so beautiful. I was hoping you would post a picture of her in her blessing dress! I am glad it was a perfect weekend for you!

Darcy Case said...

She is sooo beautiful. Sounds like it what a wonderful weekend. Isn't it great to be blessed?

Sarah Mickalson said...

Sounds like so much fun! She is so adorable!

The Ducketts said...

Man it was fun...and what a cute blog backgroung. We are so blessed when we stop and think about it.

Teri said...

This made me feel guilty, because I never got a picture of Spencer's blessing. Who does that? He had a blowout and I was too lazy to just wash the outfit and take pictures. Anyway, your baby is adorable, and i am sorry I am rambling on. Sometimes it just feels like there is too much to do, to be a "good mom." You seem to be handling it well.

Tara said...

What a sight to see your family and Erik's taking all the soft seats at the churh on her blessing day! Sophie is one lucky girl to be in your family!

Meliss said...

Man o' Man do I miss you! I'm dying to hold that little one in my arms. You are adorable and mean the world to me.

Alex Gray said...

Sophie is truly a doll and what fun to have a houseful of family! I'm so glad we were able to help you out with accommodations while your family was in town. I'm just sorry I missed the special day. :(

Babbel Family said...

What a great picture! Congrats! Babies bring such a spirit of peace into a home! I love it!

Becca said...

What a great weekend. You are blessed. Thanks for the exchange idea on skills and shout out on pictures Stephanie. It means so much to me and if you ever, EVER come back to Colorado I'll teach you what I know. Miss you and I wish I could hold that sweet baby.