Big Girls Don't Cry.....

Or so the Fergilicious song goes, but anyone who knew about Aunt Stacey's departure Saturday morning before any of us got out of bed knows what a big fat lie that song is. With Stacey gone....there will be no more of this.....
but a whole lot more mommy time. I can't believe it's been 5 1/2 months of full-time work for me with Aunt Stacey as the full-time nanny. So tomorrow, I'll resume my former life of full-time mom! What will I do? I'm not sure where to start...spring cleaning, organizing my office, making orange rolls for my neighbor, play dates at the park, scrapbooking, shopping, reading novels, playing with playdough.....oh the ideas are endless.....




And it's all because of this:

My diploma. It came in the mail. There was no pomp and circumstance, no graduation BBQ, no cap and gown, no new car or congratulations cards with money in them. Just a piece of paper and an immense amount of personal satisfaction that I finally got my Masters Degree. Thank you hubby, thank you Stacey, thank you to my kids.....no more papers, no more late nights of studying, no more grouchy mommy because I have ten chapters to read and three hours of online classwork to tackle and it's already 11 p.m.

The long journey has ended and with the void we feel not having Stacey in our home it's a bittersweet end. I told my mom tonight that the emotions I've felt this weekend are not familiar to me. It's not like I miss Stacey (don't take that wrong)....I mean we'll see her in two weeks! But this chapter in life has ended. I sure as heck hope that this isn't a preview of what it's like when your child leaves home for college. "Is it mom?", I asked as I sat in the nearly empty room that was Stacey's. "Oh, no", my mom said, "That will be far worse."

What does Fergie know anyway?

8 comments:

Babbel Family said...

Good job Steph!

The Ducketts said...

Love the song but I must agree that the concept is bogus!

Debbie said...

Congrats!!! I don't know how you did it with kids and moving in the middle! You're amazing! One day I'll get there! Have fun now with the kiddo's!!!

Acacia said...

Congratulations, Steph! That's amazing! I stumbled onto your blog while clicking on the sidebars of various people...small world, huh?! Your kids are adorable, your hubby's handsome, and you look as wonderful as ever! I'd love to get back in touch...e-mail me at: acaciap at myfamily dot com!

KC and DL said...

Stephanie,
Way to go! That's terriffic. Always nice to accomplish something so huge.
Kyle

Laura B. said...

Congratulations!!! You deserve a vacation!!

Darcy Case said...

I just love your blog! Great job in getting your masters degree. You're so DRIVEN!!

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Wow, congrats Stephanie!