Superhero Deklan Saves the Day!



I was cleaning my bathroom while Deklan played. When I was finished, I quickly noticed my gift card to Sonic was missing from my dresser. This was an emergency!!! Happy hour at Sonic was only three hours away and I must find that card. I asked Deklan where it was and he pointed to my underwear drawer. I rummaged through it....no card. "Deklan, where is it? Help mommy find it." Again he pointed to the drawer and said, "It's in dere."


"No, Deklan, it's not. Mommy already checked. I check again. "Where is it? Do you remember where you put it?"


"It's in your office mom." The trip downstairs was pointless. No card. Back upstairs.


I'm looking....piles of laundry? No. Under furniture? No. In other drawers? No. In his toy basket? No. Frustration is building. Deklan keeps wanting to play other things. "No, Bud. Not until mommy finds the card. Can you please help me find it?" I leave the room to look through the laundry piles once again. I return to find a sobbing little boy. "What's wrong bud?"


"I'm so sad mommy!"


Good grief.....it's me who was so eagerly looking forward to Happy Hour (diet coke, route 44, 1/2 price....in case you were wondering).


"Alright Deklan, one last look and then we'll go play cars. Now where is it?"


"Right in dere". The drawer? Blast it...I've already looked...twice. I pull the drawer out.....there wedged in the crack between the drawer and the inside wall of the dresser sits my card.


Deklan does the bootie dance! Life is good. He laughs and giggles and shouts. My sanity is restored.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

i'm glad you found the sonic card. Just today Tatym asked me "mommy, why haven't we seen deklan?" I didn't have a good answer so we better get together soon!! I love that smile of his by the way!!