It's Potty Time!!!


Let me just get this off my chest right now....the one thing I detest about motherhood is potty training. I think I'm just too intense. Mainly because I want potty training to be done and over with in a day (go figure, I used the book "Potty Training In a Day" for Sadie). So you know the comments you hear, boys are harder than girls, yada, yada, yada....well, those have bought me a little extra time to put off this destested chore....but three more weeks and I'm going to start getting "the look" when people ask how old he is and I have to say three and not potty trained.

So we've been a little "potty focused" these last few days. Being the bright person I am, I decided to bring Deklan's toys downstairs to the tile and spend our potty training days away from the carpet. So you can see we have "the potty", the toys, the demo doll, the candy, the chlorox, and a blanket so poor Deklan's bum doesn't get too cold on the tile, and oh yes that reminds me....a naked little boy. All of the right ingredients for potty training.

All conversations have revolved around the potty. Potty this, potty that, potty, potty, potty. Long story short....I decided today that I need to back off a little. Why? Well, wouldn't you after this....."Mommy, does spiderman have a pee pee?"

6 comments:

Meliss said...

Seriously, I WISH I was there. We are going through the same thing and I'm about to pull my hair out. He has about 6-7 accidents a day. The washing machine is constantly going.

Meliss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Love it....It brought back lots of memories. I remember when Mandy was little I didn't know how she was ever going to learn. I couldn't talk to her. We didn't know sign language and how could she hear the "tinkle" (as Grandma would say) in the potty. A smart therapist told me....Have a "Pee" Party!!! So we did....set up all the dishes and had a "pee" party with lots and lots of water in our little teacups. I learned the sign for yellow and so once she tinkled in the potty after drinking all the water I praised her for going "yellow" in the potty. Whew!!! It's an exhausting task...Keep up the good work!
Miss you tons.
Love, Aunt Carol

Darcy Case said...

Steph, I just know you are going to get this down, before I do. I have been doing the Comedian for years it feels like and we still struggle, so when you have Deklan all set up, PLEASE let me know what to do!!

Babbel Family said...

Oh my word, I HATE potty training moer than anything! And my girls were pretty easy!!

Becca said...

let me know how that one goes. owen is completely not interested and just turned three. I HATE potty training too! Good luck.