Celebrity Sighting

My pulse is still rushing.....

Sadie had climbed into the car and I was buckling Deklan in his carseat when I look up just in time to see him walk into the store. Yummy, yummy, yummy Matt. I was in a trance. Sadie brought me back to reality as I was sending a frantic text to my peeps. Think, think....yes, slash your tire and when he comes out he will help you change it. No, no good. He won't and then I'll be stuck here for who knows how long. Go scatter your purchases and when he comes out he'll find you distraught and will help you pick them up. No, no good. You'll be standing stupid with an empty Pier One sack...just standing and staring. Cry, yes cry! Tell him you just recieved the news that you have a terminal illness and need to be comforted. No, no good. What am I? A candidate for the Jerry Springer show?

Oh Shnike--eees. Here he comes. The texts are flooding back requesting autographs, photos, telling me to go for it. He hops into his oversized black Lincoln Navigator and drives away. The moment is gone.

One question....will I see you again Matt?

**Update: Who is Matt? In all fairness, you would probably not know who Matt Leinart is unless you live in AZ and/or watch the NFL. He is the QB for the AZ Cardinals. For the record, I'm not usually starstruck, but I watched a special on Matt Leinart a few years ago before he made it big and was amazed at his life journey. That, and I rarely come within ten feet of a celebrity while out shopping. In reality, he is kind of a scumbag. Don't worry dad, my dreams have already come true.

5 comments:

Doug and Myrna Kay said...

that wasn't a very good picture of Erik and I didn't know you guys had a new car let alone a Lincoln Navigator

The Ducketts said...

Lucky....Im sure you had a GREAT dream that night...sorry I didn't get your text in time. I would have told you to throw yourself at him:) Haha! Love ya sis!

Rebecca said...

Hey Stephanie. Ok, I have to leave a comment...who is Matt? He looks slightly familiar, but what's his last name and what is he famous for?

I've been looking at your blog for a little while, found it through someone else's I think. I think the sonic card post is hilarious.

Laura B. said...

Okay, I feel like I'm pretty current on my celebs, but who is Matt??

Doug and Myrna Kay said...

The last two comments pretty much say it all...Keep your eye on the "real" things of this life. Some dreams can become nightmares...Love Dad