Soccer Season


Go team Inferno!!!!

It's finally a reality....Daddy's little girl is decked out in her soccer uniform complete with size 9 cleats, shin guards compliments of Aunt Carol (finally, she gets to wear them!!!) and socks that she can pull up to her hiney (we have to fold them over). I knew it would be interesting...Erik refraining from scoring in the middle of the game, Sadie digging deep to find an agressive bone in her body.

Well, Erik manages to only kick the ball "when necessary to get it back inbounds" and Sadie really is improving each week. I decided I'd be happy if she managed to keep up with the action as opposed to my athletic tactics as a child which were to avoid all collisions or potential knock-outs by anyone bigger than me (which was usually everyone). Last week she even kicked the ball a few times. SWEET!!!

Erik coaches, Sadie plays and my job is to keep Deklan on the sidelines....no easy task. But no worries, we bought some goals for the backyard and he will be working on skills so that he is primed and ready for fall soccer 2009! I'm an official soccer mom!!!!!


5 comments:

Babbel Family said...

LOL- So cute!

Meliss said...

Ahh-the moment has truly arrived. You are a soccer mom! Looks like so much fun. I'm proud of Erik for getting out there, and can you ever get tired of hearing, "Your kids are soooo cute!

Carol said...

Hooray Sadie!!!!! They Pyle Soccer Family is so proud. We managed to only have 5 games this week. 4 of them were on Saturday. Luckily we had Mary and Taylor here visiting this weekend and so we did the "divide and conquer" move that we are very good at. Ashley had a loss and a tie. Scoring 2 goals to help her competition team take an unusual WIN!!! Mitchell managed to ONLY score 2 and won. Melinda's comp team had no subs and plays 45 minute halves in the 30 mph wind. They scored in the last minute to tie the game. If you need any tips or hints on being a soccer mom just call me up. My record week when David was in high school was 9 games....I can't get enough!!!!
Love, Aunt Carol
P.S. So glad you can finally wear the soccer shin guards. Need any hand me downs.....let me know! We probably have every size available. We even have hot pink, red and polka dot cleats!! Crazy Pyles!!!

The Ducketts said...

She looks so cute...no wonder people say she looks like her aunt boo!! I am wishing I had a recording of the various wicked performances I was able to partake of and what I would give to play school with Sadie right now. I need her to read me some books. Love and miss ya!

Rozan said...

Zana needs a schedule so I can come witness this! You Sadie are my Soccer Princess and Dek---be patient your turn will come.

I love you all the soccer balls in the world.

Zana