My Little Spooks

This is what Deklan was supposed to be for Halloween:











But he had other ideas. And these ideas started brewing on Thursday when I attempted to get him dressed in costume for his preschool Halloween party. He wanted nothing to do with it. I threatened, I begged, I bargained. No deal. "Fine, you're going to feel really sad when everybody is dressed in their costume and you're not." Uh, not so much. Not when his buddy Kash shows up to preschool sans costume. He was vindicated. I attempted again the next day, with not as much wasted effort on my part, before heading to Erik's work party. We managed a Spiderman t-shirt, but other than that.....well, his face pretty much tells you what he thinks about this silly holiday.












Think he changed his opinion before trunk or treat? Only when Daddy saved the day by dressing up as a soccer player and convinced Deklan to do the same. Then there is Sadie...always poised and ready for any photo op. This time as Princess Ariel. And can you guess what I am? Give up already? O.K., I'll just tell you. I'm a "smarty pants". Get it? (Well, neither did most people...except one witty gentleman who shall remain un-named who suggested I tape them to my backside and then I could be a "smart...A"). Funny, funny, funny, Brother B.












When the night came to an end I concluded that this was one of the best Halloween's we've had. The trunk or treat at the church rocked! Cotton candy, throwing darts at balloons, Charlie Brown on the big screen, chili, cornbread, face painting, crafts and oh yea, did I mention the trunk or treating? Good times!

1 comment:

Danika said...

I love the "Smarty Pants" idea...very clever!

We should have borrowed Deklan's hat. Tyler was Woody this year and was bummed that we didn't have the matching hat!