Rock and Roll!

Ah, Yuma....what can I say?

The Peanut Patch was not much to look at....but had plenty to eat! And lucky for us they had a "Guide to Yuma 2008" magazine to browse through while eating peanutty ice cream.
Who knew? Yuma has a camel farm? Hey kids, Yuma has a camel farm!!!! And off we went to the camel farm. I will admit, I had to laugh when there were signs posted everywhere that said, "Enter at your own risk!" and "Animals bite!" and "Do Not Feed the Animals"......but would you like to buy a cup of food to feed the animals? Uh, yea, I guess.... But less you think we only saw camels let me mention I saw things I'd never seen before. Like turkens and zeedonks and a mini hini. And Deklan was quite fond of the ostrich named Moe. And did you know that camels do NOT store water anywhere in their bodies? For real people. Did I just rock your world? And I thought I knew about camels having ridden a camel across the Egyptian desert a few years back (summer of 96 to be exact). But my confidence was restored when it was confirmed that yes indeedy long eyelashes protect their eyes from blowing sand.

I can't forget to mention that I did get to eat a chicken ala mundo salad from Kneaders. And yes, that would be Kneaders as in Utah Kneaders. Yummy!


And then finally, here is THE library....a current pic and then a pic of what the completed building will look like. So come one, come all....buy your LBD and join us next May for the Grand Opening of the Main Yuma Library. On second thought...I'll get back to you on the LBD.....it may be "camel farm attire".





No comments: