Post Now....

or you can forget it happening later. And this is too cute to NOT tell.

Deklan and I were looking at pictures from the past. I'm a firm believer in putting your pictures at your fingertips rather than hidden away for some future time. And so we were looking at the pictures at our fingertips. And we came across this one from February of this year.....
And when Deklan saw it he said in utter shock and disbelief while rubbing his current head of hair, "Mom, what happened to my hair?"
Apparantly he doesn't like the shaggy look.


And now I'm thinking.....will I someday be the victim of comments like....."Mom, what were you thinking?" or "Geez mom, were you trying to get me beat up at school?" or "Yikes mom, what IS that?"

And so I proudly did my part today when Sadie came downstairs ready for school in an adorable dress with her tennis shoes. Eeegads....a dress with tennis shoes? Fashion BEFORE comfort my dear! And so rather than insist she go change, I simply said...."uh, Sadie, your brown shoes would look much cuter than those tennis shoes. You can wear what you want, but in 10 years I don't want you to ask me what I was thinking letting you out of the house in a dress with tennis shoes". She looked at me like I'd just spoken Greek but promptly went and changed.

2 comments:

The Colman's said...

That is so funny! Hope you guys are well....how are you feeling?

~Niki

campblondie said...

Alright, it's Kelly Orton and I just found your blog on somebody else's blog and thought to myself "why didn't I know what your blog was sooner." Anyway, love the song, and LOVE the picture of Deklan. So cute.